The goal of my research is to find new and consistent ways of assessing,
evaluating and collecting data for both students and staffs as it will
comply with the state’s policies & regulations which will also place
the students in a proper classroom setting. The research plan will
first be approved by the administrator and the school staffs and I will
implement the plan. In order to implement the research plan, I will
compose an evaluation form where students can evaluate not only the
teacher but the course; I will gather information on the courses that
the students will be covering in classroom and compose an evaluation to
check their familiarities with those courses, and also to test their IQ
levels.
The initial step of my research begins from the staff that
have been working in the school; after gathering information from the
staffs I will further my research by looking online, researching other
schools’ ways of assessments and evaluations and comparing them to what
my school does; then the next step will be to contact Texas Workforce to
further look into their policies for school assessment and evaluations,
then I will analyze all the information that I gathered and get an
approval from my site supervisor to put the new plan of assessment to
work. This month I will be gathering more information on prior issues
that the school had with properly evaluating the students and
researching the state policies; In November (next month), I will draft
out evaluation forms which will be approved by the administrator, and
comply with the state policy; I will also sit in during student
enrollment and in classroom to monitor to see if the new system is
working. As part of my research I will go through the school’s record
book to see how many surveys has been done for the year and in the past;
Search for what the school has been sighted for in the past and see
what the plan of corrections were. I will also use my site supervisor as
part of my resource to get more information on assessing the students
and evaluating the staff.
To monitor the progress of the research my
plan is to sit in classroom with students to observe each person
comprehends to what’s being taught; I will also observe how the students
relate to each other, to see if some people feel more or less smarter
than other.
If students are not properly evaluated prior to placing
them in a classroom, it is possible for some students to feel inferior
to the others probably because they are more experience in the field
that is being taught. For instance some people go to nursing school
(CNA) to get a certificate after they’ve already been working in the
field without a certificate, if they get thrown in a class with someone
that has no experience, they might comprehend more than the other
person.
Most times it is difficult to cover all the rules and
regulations especially when they are a lot and they keep changing. I
will recommend having a monthly staff training where staffs cover
different sessions of the Director’s Guide. The process of assessment
and evaluation will place different students in the classroom that best
fits their needs to comprehend what is being taught in the classroom in
the level that they can understand.
Hi Stella,
ReplyDeleteI'm a little unclear about what this action research project is about...it seems to cover a lot of things (maybe too many?). I look forward to following it more to see if I can understand what you are trying to do. Here are some of the questions I have:
1. What kinds of classroom does this apply to? Elementary? High school? What kind of student population?
2. The assessments that you will be evaluating - what type do you mean? Reading levels, state standards-based tests, etc? What kind of assessments?
I'm wondering if you will get some resistance when it comes to testing children's iQ levels. I'm not sure if we are allowed to do this.
Also, when you say, "To monitor the progress of the research my plan is to sit in classroom with students to observe each person comprehends to what’s being taught; I will also observe how the students relate to each other, to see if some people feel more or less smarter than other." - this seems a bit too subjective. I'm wondering if you can get real data based on your own opinions and feelings about whether students feel smart or not smart. This seems like a task for a professional psychologist. I think you may need a better way to collect credible data on this.
Good luck with your project!
Kelly
Thanks Kelly, I will post an updated plan!
Delete