My action research plan is dealing
with reducing student dropout in an allied health career school. My activities
included making decision, using policy handbooks, collecting data and students’
assessments. So far I have gathered updated information
from the director’s guide of state policies, compared
students’ grades, browsed the internet for sample assessments and
printed out enrollment checklist. I
conducted student assessment and while conducting the students’ assessment, I gave
students forms to fill out to get their opinions of the class and school
structure; more like a survey to see if they’re satisfied with the way things
are going and if they’re not, what do they think can happen to improve the
system. I also went through students’ files to make sure all their documents
are complete and adheres to the state policy. I put together and gathered the
grades of students who were accepted into the program due to performing well in
the assessment and I compare them with previous students’ grades. I had some staff members review the student’s assessment and made suggestions and
then had other staff members go through the
files to make sure that all the required documents are inside students’ files
just like I did. I checked prior and present students’ class average and made a
decision on the method that works best in assessing the students, composed students’ entrance assessment that meets states’ standard, placed student’s documents in a particular order inside their
files and have
instructors confirm the grades of each student.
No comments:
Post a Comment