I learned this week that while using technology to educate
one has to remember that the main focus is for the students to learn and not
get carried away with other variety of things that technology is used for.
“Learning technology is less effective or ineffective when
the learning objectives are unclear and the focus of the technology use is
diffuse.” (Schacter, J. 1999)
The above quote caught my attention because when I think of
this quote I think of each individual student and their learning methods.
Different students have different ways of not just grasping but retaining
information. Some students might not be grasping what’s being taught with
technology, some students might be better hands-on than listening. When using
technology the main focus should be for the students to grasp the subject that
is being taught and not so focused on figuring out how that particular teaching
equipment works. I believe that the main point of using technology with
teaching is to make learning easier and not the complications with technology.
Every educator should know what works best for their students, with or without
the help of technology.
Citation: Schacter, J. (1999). The impact of education
technology on student achievement: What the most current research has to say.
Santa Monica, CA: Milken Exchange on Education Technology. Retrieved from
http://www.mff.org/pubs/ME161.pdf.
No comments:
Post a Comment